Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wanna Lift my 95 Grand Cherokee

Hey fellow BIG RUBBERS. This is Tom Bango some of you might know or remember me. But i want to put a lift on my 95 Grand Cherokee nothing too big anywhere from 3 to 5 in lift would be cool and able to come and run some trails with you guys. Any ideas or anybody selling such lifts hit me up my E-Mail is harleydodgeram@yahoo.com. Sam has my number too if anyone has a lift for sale Thanks....

i cant wait to see it lifted post lots of pics including the process of lifting
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I have a brand new set of shocks for a 3.5" lift and a pair of coil spring spacers if u need them.

V8 grand cherokee springs upfront and move your fronts to the rear above mentioned shocks....should clear 31's for ya.
    given that it is a 4.0 and not a v8

Quote Originally Posted by Big Black View Post
    V8 grand cherokee springs upfront and move your fronts to the rear above mentioned shocks....should clear 31's for ya.
    given that it is a 4.0 and not a v8
    That's a common misconception. The v8 springs and the 4.0 springs are not that much different, just tossing a set of 8 cylinder springs on a 6 cylinder will not give you much lift at all. In order to do the front to rear budget lift, you will need to buy at least one set of lift springs for the front of yours then move your stock fronts to the rear.

I guess I should ask, how much are you looking to spend to lift your grand and do you want to do it right? In order to do it right you could spend up to $700. I had a rubicon express 3 1/2" superflex lift on my 98 5.9L grand for a few years and it cost me $600. Its always better to do it right the first time!! If you need to take time to save up money in order to do that, then that's what you should do.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways Totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT.......WHAT A RIDE!!!"

For my first lift did 4.0 zj fronts on rear it gave me 3.5 and i put jks acos up front it cleared 33s with cutouts even ran 35s on it with 3.5 . I Have 3 sets of front zj springs id let go for 30 bucks a set plus shipping if you'd would want a set to go that route also you will need a rear track bar bracket or track bar and front.

Yes moving fronts to rear will get you at least 3.5" of lift, I don't recommend just adding spacers on top of the front springs or even adjustable spacers. But then if your not gonna do any hardcore wheeling in it I guess it don't matter. I did the front to rear lift on a friend of mines grand and it just don't perform like my 5.9L with a real rubicon express lift did. I've owned 5 different grand cherokees now and lifted probably half a dozen grands and my own grands several different ways and to me, a complete kit is the way to go for performance on and off road.
    But rather to skid in sideways Totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT.......WHAT A RIDE!!!"

true to the comment spacer are bad but like you said 90% is for looks just like short arms on excessive amounts of lift nothing better than almost vertical control arms lol.But if you want something thats actually going to perform build yourself a nice longarm kit you can go clayton style for under 500 dollars for the arms and crossmembers then source track bars and springs or buy one at that but it really sucks to lay down 3k on just suspension. Personally the second best thing i bought other than lockers was my long arm kit.

Yeah, when I redo my 5.9L it will be long armed on 35's or 37's. I took the RE lift off of it a few years ago and put it on my 94' 5.2L that I abused so much I bent the unibody....but I had fun doing it....lol.

heres my zj