Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: D44 progress

D44 progress

Hit me with the thoughts on this one.

:th_biggun:`

I like the diff guard, truss, and spider web! What are your plans for the suspension? Gears lockers?
    DINK DINK!!!

'79 CJ7, rebuilt 258, 4.0 Head, HEI, AX-15, D300 Low max 4:1, Flat Belly, Narrowed D44 w/ true trac & diff gaurd, Widetrack AMC20 w/ superior shafts, Homemade 4 wheel disk, I take it in the butt, Detroit locker & crane diff cover, 4" skyjacker lift, 2" BL, TJ flares, 35" tires, YJ booster, York OBA, YJ tub conversion, picklesmoocher, 6 pt. cage, F250 front shock towers, pure goat sex appeal :)daulmg
    TBI on the way O:g:)headbanger

Nice web paul junior..... no seriosly, it all looks good. Now answer upj's questions for our real thoughts. I have another one also, are you gonna put chromolly shafts in it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways Totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT.......WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Well hate to say it, but I'm stepping into no no land!!...lol! I raised the perches off the axle to make up for the spring flattening out from doing the SOA. Gears are 4.10 and a locker hasn't been found for it yet. If I don't find one I can afford then its getting welded.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrubbers4x4 View Post
    Nice web paul junior..... no seriosly, it all looks good. Now answer upj's questions for our real thoughts. I have another one also, are you gonna put chromolly shafts in it?
    Holy crap i didn't hit the Loto here!!...lmao! I wish I could swing that kinda cash but maybe a future upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMudBusters View Post
    Well hate to say it, but I'm stepping into no no land!!...lol! I raised the perches off the axle to make up for the spring flattening out from doing the SOA.
    At least you know you're being a retard... Ill give you that... Why not just put new springs that arent worn out and on the verge of breaking on it instead of building shitty perches????????????
    DINK DINK!!!

'79 CJ7, rebuilt 258, 4.0 Head, HEI, AX-15, D300 Low max 4:1, Flat Belly, Narrowed D44 w/ true trac & diff gaurd, Widetrack AMC20 w/ superior shafts, Homemade 4 wheel disk, I take it in the butt, Detroit locker & crane diff cover, 4" skyjacker lift, 2" BL, TJ flares, 35" tires, YJ booster, York OBA, YJ tub conversion, picklesmoocher, 6 pt. cage, F250 front shock towers, pure goat sex appeal :)daulmg

TAKE THAT BACK......the perches aren't sh!ty.

The springs aren't worn out in fact their lift springs. Its just the diffrence of being SOA. Nature of the beast so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMudBusters View Post
    I raised the perches off the axle to make up for the spring flattening out from doing the SOA.
    You said they flattened out... i figured you meant they were worn

With the extensions set up like you have it, you're going to get MAD front axle wrap, and you're going to bust the front drive shaft Ujoints... Its NOT "if", it's a WHEN!

With your reputation of driving 2 hours, and breaking shit within the first 30 minutes, Im giving my $0.02 on your project to help prevent a catastrophic failure that leaves you with out a rig, and 5 other rigs trying to get you off the trail and to the top of the hill....
    DINK DINK!!!

Now don't sugar coat it brian, tell him what you really think.....lmao
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways Totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT.......WHAT A RIDE!!!"