Thread: 4L60E to 4L80E

4L60E to 4L80E

I have a 2000 Chevy S10 ZR2 4X4 4.3L automatic. It currently has a 4L60E tranny and I wanted to know if I could bolt in a 4L80E in its place? Would any mods have to be done? Would it be a direct bolt in? I'd appreciate any help on this!
    2000 Chevy S10 ZR2

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light? I ask that of ALL my Prey!!:)evil3

red6rubicon
    it would bolt to the motor,convertor should be the same tranny length i think is the same not sure tho and you will need to get the computer reflashed to control it. personally i wouldnt do it it is by far a stronger tranny but its also a power robber

wiring is different, 80e has 2 speed sensors, ecm tuning. flywheel is different. Also 80e is longer so it wont match the crossmember, and driveshaft would need shortened. Not sure if there is enough slip in front shaft after it being pushed back.

I also believe ouput shaft is different and wouldnt match the transfercase
    Cheers Skotti
    96 S10 Blazer "just a pile of parts"

Thanks guys!! You know anybody that would replace my 4L60E tranny with another 4L60E at a decent price? I'll be buying another tranny in the next several weeks!
    2000 Chevy S10 ZR2

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light? I ask that of ALL my Prey!!:)evil3

Haha those things suck to swap.getting to bellhousing bolts are fun
    [URL="www.rocksnroost.com"][COLOR="Yellow"]www.rocksnroost.com[/COLOR][/URL]
    "Some people ya think they may be stupid,but then they open their mouth and remove all doubt"

Good question for Top Offroaders. And no Im not being a Jackhole. I think it would be a legit question
    :tantrum: [B][I][U][/U][/I][/B]DLSDI :tantrum:

I bought a tranny from a full size Chevy because another website said they're both the same. It turns out that they were different! So the guys that I found to change it are rebuilding my tranny in exchange for the tranny I bought and $150,I paid $350 for the tranny. So,for $500 i'm getting a professionally rebuilt tranny! The man rebuilding it has been professionally rebuilding tranny's for 30 years! They're installing it for $400. They had my old tranny out in less than an hour!
    2000 Chevy S10 ZR2

Would have to be wrong year full size truck, unless u got the 4l80e.

when i did my v8 swap i put the blazers old trans into a 98 full size truck, no issues....well except is wasnt good to begin with...lol.
    Cheers Skotti
    96 S10 Blazer "just a pile of parts"

It came out of a '99 Chevy 1500 4X4 and mine is a 2000 Chevy S10. From my search I was told that I needed a tranny from '97 to '05. He said first off the full size has a 300mm torque converter and mine has a 277mm torque converter. Second,the new tranny is longer. Third,not all the bolt holes lined up. The tag on the new tranny said it is a 4L60E.
    2000 Chevy S10 ZR2