Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Metal cloak LA vs Clayton LA

Any thoughts a on either of these lifts? Looking for pros and cons, install, companies support etc. Throw it up here

Thanks in advance

I have a Metalcloak front track bar. I like it.
    That's all I can comment on.
    What?

Thanks , I may be swapping out some parts from Rocky Road, specifically the track bars, not sure but jeep is quite jittery on the road and it's an LJ. Looking to get things corrected

TG Rock Racing is 2013 K.O.H. Bound!!! dan58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burghrmike View Post
    Thanks , I may be swapping out some parts from Rocky Road, specifically the track bars, not sure but jeep is quite jittery on the road and it's an LJ. Looking to get things corrected
    I have an LJ with a full Clayton LA kit. What questions do you have? This is my second TJ with Clayton everything if that's sign.
    Thank you:
    Adventurous4x4, F&S Racing, FOA Shocks, Masterpull, Ruff Stuff Specialties, BFGoodrich, 4x4Oil, Reid Racing, Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts, Heretic Fab, DEI Thermal Products, Griffin Radiator, Raceline Wheels, TMR Products

I have Clayton 5.5 long arm on my TJ. No regrets. Great custom er service.
    :tantrum: [B][I][U][/U][/I][/B]DLSDI :tantrum:

Cool thanks all for the answers. Sorry for not getting back sooner. Work delays and travel. Clayton seems the one. People rave about them. Quality!

Cool thanks all for the answers. Sorry for not getting back sooner. Work delays and travel. Clayton seems the one. People rave about them. Quality!
    i'm happy with mine, the labor can be fun, put aside a weekend for it.

I was rereading my thread and thought I should ask you. Did you install this or have someone else do the work. I am replacing CA w/ short to make sure I have adjustments for pinion and ride and manners. Overall the current response is very good. Though I miss the articulation. I don't recal Clayton being all bolt on and I don't weld so this poses an additional piece to the puzzle. Clayton offers a great product. I have to remain cost effective. Your ideas are welcome. TIA
    Last edited by burghrmike; 05-25-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Additional info

TG Rock Racing is 2013 K.O.H. Bound!!! dan58's Avatar
    It's well worth it in the long run. I'd suggest finding someone who can weld and work out a deal. The worst part is removing the factory control arm brackets.
    Thank you:
    Adventurous4x4, F&S Racing, FOA Shocks, Masterpull, Ruff Stuff Specialties, BFGoodrich, 4x4Oil, Reid Racing, Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts, Heretic Fab, DEI Thermal Products, Griffin Radiator, Raceline Wheels, TMR Products

I was rereading my thread and thought I should ask you. Did you install this or have someone else do the work. I am replacing CA w/ short to make sure I have adjustments for pinion and ride and manners. Overall the current response is very good. Though I miss the articulation. I don't recal Clayton being all bolt on and I don't weld so this poses an additional piece to the puzzle. Clayton offers a great product. I have to remain cost effective. Your ideas are welcome. TIA
    it took me a day, to do the front, and dial it in, same for the back, I did all the labor my self. measure twice, tack once, and read directions. lol. if your reusing your old springs it shouldn't take to long to dial in the pinion angles, as for welding, try scott in Altoona I know he's shop isn't up and running just yet, he moved not to long ago. but I know he can do that type of work, with the clayton pan on, you can do the arms once you get it home. the pan won't interfere with the stock arm locations. I hope that helps